Pages

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers

Author : Lisa Desrochers
Title : Personal Demons
Publisher : Tor Teen/Macmillan
Place & Date of Publication : United States, 14 September 2010
Buy the book : Book Depository

I saw the third book in this series - Last Rite - in a bookstore and I really wanted to read it... until I realised it was the third book. Great.. what a bummer! So I went to the library on Monday and borrowed the first two books in this series. I started reading Personal Demons yesterday and finished about 95% of it in one seating. It was really good..

Basically, this book is about angels and demons and we also get to see from two perspectives, Frannie and Luc.

To give a brief synopsis about this book.. Frannie has a unique ability that King Lucifer has taken notice. And so, he sent Luc - a First Level demon that works in Acquisitions for Hell - to find 'The One' and tag his/her soul. Luc soon realizes that Frannie was 'The One' and so, he started planning because he can only tag her soul when she has committed a terrible sin.. However, BOOM! Gabe - a Dominion from the Second Sphere, and the Left Hand of the archangel Gabriel - comes along. He was sent to protect Frannie's soul from being tagged for Hell and to tag it for Heaven. So this book is about Gabe and Luc trying to tag Frannie's soul and maybe, even more than that..

The characters are great, but my favourite would be Luc. It's really awesome that we get to read from his POV, because I was able to know more about Hell and also get to know him more and understand him and seeing him develop throughout this book. OHOHOH! Did you guys love his conversations with Frannie and Gabe? He's so hilarious and sarcastic. I really enjoyed reading his parts. However, I wished we could have read from Gabe's POV as well.. Get to know what's going on inside his head and get to know him a little bit better..

This book was an easy read and fast paced. I recommend this to anyone that like books about angels, demons or paranormal romance. It's a great book to get you back into the reading mood.

ALRIGHT!! NOW.. IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK, GO GET IT. IT'S GREAT. 
READ AND THEN COME BACK. AND THEN WE CAN DISCUSS TOGETHER. I'M SERIOUS. LEAVE.. CAUSE HERE COMES THE SPOILER-Y SECTION.

OKAY. GOODBYE. BYE!!!


So, I'm assuming that those that are still here are those that have read the book. Or those that wanna be spoiled.. Then, go on.

Let's talk about the book. It was really good.. but I don't like the cover. The models on the cover look old. Not old as in grey hair and all those but old as in, the characters are supposed to be 17/18 and models look.. Just old. Don't get me wrong here. I know it's not good to judge a book by it's cover. I liked the book! I just have a problem with the cover.

Anyway, who's your favourite character? Other than Luc, I really liked Frannie's grandfather. I liked how close he was with Frannie and their bond. And how Frannie can confide with him.

AND OH! In the beginning, Luc thought that her ability was like Sight but it was actually Sway. But I don't get it? I mean, she did see the people she knew dying. And I was already having this thought that her power was to like.. make people do things? The first incident during English class when she said to pick Luc and it happened, and the second during History class when she forgot to bring her homework, and she was like hoping it was tomorrow and it really happened!! My point is, seeing people dying, is it a part of her ability? Like does having the ability Sway means that she can see people that are about to die.. Or does she have two abilities. Sway and Sight?

Another thing is.. how in the world did Frannie get that ability? Why does she have an ability? Do her sisters have one as well? And how the hell did King Lucifer knows that someone, somewhere has the ability Sway? Is it because he's the King of Hell so he just.. knows? I guess?

And why does Frannie's dad seems suspicious. Luc notices something strange about her dad too when he was also unable to phase into her house. I really hope I get to know more about her dad in the sequel. And also how Frannie even have that ability..

AND OH MY GOD!! Did Luc start to have feelings for Frannie started because of her ability? I don't doubt that he really loves her now. But did he start to develop them because of her ability?? :'l I don't know what to say about that.. I don't like HOW he started to develop those feelings. BUT THANK GOD HE DID! I guess I have mixed feelings about this..

Anyway, thank you for reading this! Those who have not read the book yet, GO AWAY. GO AND READ IT NOW! I'll most probably start reading the sequel tomorrow.. But I don't know. I feel uneasy about embarking on the second book. I feel like.. something is gonna happen between Luc and Frannie. And I won't like it if they break up because of some stupid reason.

That's all for today.. Oh, and I have yet to give a rating.. I would rate this book... Not a 5 because I didn't like some things about it. So, I'll give it a 4 out of 5.



No comments:

Post a Comment