Pages

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Wishlist Wednesday #2

Hello! Hey! It's another Wishlist Wednesday today! Wishlist Wednesday is a book blog hop where we will post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves. This book blog hop is hosted by Dani over @PenToPaper.

This is my second Wishlist Wednesday post.. and I really love to read paranormal romance, fantasy, dystopian kind of books. So if you guys have suggestions, do tell me. Anyways! The book that I've been wanting is Rae of Hope by W.J. May.

Rae of Hope 
(The Chronicles of Kerrigan #1)
By W.J. May
Published on September 5th 2011

How hard do you have to shake a family tree to find out the truth of the past? 

Fifteen-year-old Rae Kerrigan has never questioned her family’s history. That is until she accepted a scholarship to Guilder Boarding School in England. Guilder is a very unique, gifted school. 

Rae has no idea what she is getting herself into or that her family’s past is going to come back and taunt her. She learns she is part of an unparalleled group of individuals who become marked with a unique tattoo (tatù) on their sixteenth birthday. The tatù enables them to have supernatural powers particular to the shape of their marking. 

Both her parents were marked though Rae never knew, as they passed away when she was young and never told her. Learning about her family’s past, her evil father and sacrificial mother, Rae needs to decide if there is a ray of hope for her own life.
 I'm just a sucker for superpowers and so, this book really caught my attention. If any of you have read the book, do tell me whether it was an enjoyable read! That's it for today. Happy reading! <3


4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great synopsis! Got me hooked just now, I need to check this one out! :D Nice pick!

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D You definitely have to! I wanna pick this up too!

      Delete
  2. Never heard of a book that involves a tattoo giving you super powers! Sounds pretty cool :) Check out my WW?

    Leigh | Little Book Star

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I thought it was pretty cool! If I''m not mistaken, she's being sent to a boarding school in England for her junior year of high school. And when she gets there, she learns that she is one of the elite group of people that when they're sixteen, they get a superpower. A tattoo appears on their body and that tattoo kind of reflects what ability you receive. I'm really excited to read this!

      Delete